Crime
Grief and Anger as 24 Plateau Victims Get Mass Burial
Women from Bin-Per community in Ruff, Kombun District of Mangu Local Government Area of Plateau State staged a peaceful protest on Tuesday as 24 residents killed by gunmen were given a mass burial.
The women marched through the community carrying leaves, expressing grief over the killings and calling on the government to urgently strengthen security and protect residents from further attacks. The protest came hours after armed men invaded homes in the community overnight.
One of the protesters, Mrs Ladi Joshua, said the women were devastated by the loss of their husbands, children, relatives and other members of the community. She said the demonstration was aimed at drawing attention to the recurring attacks in Bin-Per and other parts of Plateau State.
Speaking at the burial mass, President of the Mwaghavul Youth Movement, Kyesmang Jonathan, confirmed that 24 people had been buried following the attack. He said some of the injured victims were still receiving treatment in hospitals, while the community continued to deal with the consequences of the incident.
Jonathan described the killings as a painful loss and condemned the repeated attacks on innocent residents. He urged the government and security agencies to take urgent steps to protect vulnerable communities and prevent further loss of lives.
He also sympathised with the families of the deceased, injured and displaced residents, while calling on the authorities to arrest and prosecute those responsible for the killings.



